Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog

After completing filming our film, it was time to edit. Out of my group mate and I, I am more experienced at editing videos. For this reason, I edited the majority of our video. First, I imported all of the clips into iMovie. My group mate and I had decided which clips we were going to use prior to beginning editing. After importing the clips, I went through and cropped each clip to the correct length. After that, I added transitions in between each clip. I made the clips seem kind of choppy on purpose to add a shot reverse shot cut and to crest anticipation. I made some of the transitions fade unto black, like when the victim is awakening from being knocked out. I then added the titles into the film. I put one title every one to three shots. I didn’t want the tittles to seem rushed or too close together. I also added sound effects, like a thump or creaking door. I then added music. I searched “Copyright free horror music” on YouTube. I then picked the sound I thought would be best for our film. It was difficult to get the music on the film. I recorded the sound of the music onto my phone. I then played back the sound on my phone as I did a voiceover on the film. After I did that, I saved the video to my computer, and emailed it to myself and my group mate. My group mate watched the edited video, and said that it was good and did not need any altercations at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment