Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting Final Task Blog

   My name is Jordyn. For my final task, my group mate and I will be creating a horror movie. I am sixteen and in tenth grade. I took AICE Media Studies because I thought that the class sounded interesting and fun. I figured it would be intriguing to learn about the technicalities of film production. I wanted to also learn more about the editing stage of the process, since I have enjoyed editing fun videos in the past. I love to watch shows and movies, and have always kind of wondered how they were made and the behind the scenes aspect of it all. I am glad to have chosen AICE Media Studies as one of my classes this year. My group mates name is Mila. We will be creating a horror movie scene for our final task.
   So far, I have learned a lot about the process of film making. I have learned the different camera angles, shots, and movements used in filming. I have learned how movies are editing and the different types of editing techniques used. I have also learned how movies are released and targeted to a specific audience to attract the most viewers. As of now, I believe I am best at the filming and editing processes. I have known for a while how to edit videos to make them entertaining, but I now know so many more techniques to help me improve my editing skills. I really enjoy filming as well. Finding the right angle can completely change a scene, and I enjoy doing so. My skills have improved in editing and filming a lot since I started AICE Media Studies. I still hope to improve even more during this final task.
   For our final task, we will be pitching three ideas to our teachers. A pitch is a Hollywood term used to describe an idea for a film. A pitch is typically encapsulated in 25 words or less. It is usually one or two sentences. A pitch is meant to capture the interest of a person in a short statement. A good pitch is the deciding factor of whether a film will be created or not. Our three pitch ideas were a horror movie, an old-time film, or a drama.

Pictures of my group mate and I:

No comments:

Post a Comment